Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bye Bye Bottle


Hayden started drinking water out of straw cups around 5 months, so I thought it would be no big deal to give up milk in a bottle.  It ended up being a process that took months, but I wasn't in a hurry.  He was trowing so many temper tantrums, I didn't want to bring on more with this battle.  I held off and now I am happy to say, the sippy beat out the bottle.

The first time I gave Hayden milk in a cup, he looked at me like is was NUTS!  He looked at me like he was saying, "I asked for milk, what the heck is this?"  That was around 12 months, so I held off for a while because I wasn't adamant about him switching.  

By 14 months, I was sick of bottles.  I was tired of cleaning them and I was tired of Hayden asking for milk before food.  I started giving him milk in straw cups at meals to get him used to the idea of milk in a cup.  He was surprisingly okay with it!  After a few weeks, I started giving him milk in a cup when he asked for it outside of meal time, it took a little getting used to but he was eventually okay with that too.  Then, we finally got rid of the bedtime bottle by 17 months and we have been bottle free for 2 months now!  Congratulations Hayden, you're growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment