Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meatloaf



I rediscovered meatloaf during my pregnancy.  I ate it around 24 weeks  and couldn't get enough.  I use the Quaker Oats recipe my mom used when I was young, with some variation.  Sometimes I will add bell pepper, chopped celery or pureed carrots.  Hayden loves it, once he ate it so fast he threw up! (not my goal but I guess it was a compliment).  I like this because I mix it, throw it in the oven and then its done in an hour.  Not to mention leftovers are delicious!

1 1/2 pounds of ground beef or turkey
3/4 cup of oats
3/4 cup of chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup of ketchup
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tablespoon of worchester sauce
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

1. Mix ingredients with your hands (don't over mix)
2. Transfer to 8"x8" pan and shape (I make a dome but you can also bake it in a loaf pan or make mini meatloafs in muffin tins)
3. Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment