Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Veggie Pasta a.k.a. Whatever I Have in the Fridge Pasta
This pasta is a favorite in our house and one of mine because it is yummy and FULL of veggies. This recipe makes a ton of pasta, enough for leftovers and then some. If need to, cut it in half so you don't have to waste anything. We always manage to finish within a few days and it is just the 3 of us.
Ingredients (on this occasion)
2 cups of seasoned, cooked and chopped chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 zucchini, cubed
1 yellow squash, cubed
2 tomatoes, cubed
1 cup of sliced mushrooms (I like crimini)
1 cup of frozen corn
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
1 lb of whole wheat pasta (any shape that is easy to pick up)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Sautee onion and garlic until translucent.
3. Add dense veggies, squash and sweet potato and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add rest of veggies and chicken, season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cook until veggies can be pierced with fork and chicken is hot.
6. Drain pasta and mix with veggies and chicken.